ISO 55001 Asset Management Lead Auditor Conversion Training Course
Duration Three days
This lead auditor conversion course is intended for participants who have previously completed a lead auditor course. For example management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001.
We also provide a two-day Asset Management Internal Auditor Conversion Training Course. This is also for participants who already have competence in internal audit for other management system standards. Please refer to course reference IAC2.
This training course will help you to update your knowledge and skills. It gives you the competence to carry out audits of asset management systems against ISO 55001 audit criteria.
Who should attend this course
- Asset management system auditors who have responsibility for evaluating and reporting on compliance with ISO 55001 and the requirements of the organisation.
- Managers who have been assigned responsibility for ensuring the effectiveness and compliance of the management system.
- Procurement managers, project and programme managers, risk managers and others with responsibility for ensuring the compliance and performance of outsourced activities.
- Management consultants and third party auditors who wish to qualify themselves to carry out audits against ISO 55001.
Participants will update their skills and knowledge. They will be able to plan and undertake asset management system audits against ISO 55001 requirements.
Organisations will develop competent people who can perform internal and external audits against ISO 55001, contribute to risk management and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts and principles of asset management
- Explain the scope, purposes and applicability of the ISO 55000 series of standards for Asset Management Systems
- Explain the structure for ISO management systems standards under Annex SL, and the opportunities for integration between ISO 55001 and other standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Explain the requirements of ISO 55001:2014
- Evaluate alignment of the asset management system elements with the organization’s key issues and objectives
- Evaluate how the needs and expectations of stakeholders are identified and addressed
- Evaluate processes for risk-based asset management planning and for implementation of optimized plans over asset life cycles
- Evaluate the use of asset management methods to improve the performance of assets and the asset management system
- Develop audit programmes and manage audit resources
- Update their existing auditor competence to be able to:
- Plan, manage and conduct internal and supplier audits against ISO 55001 requirements in line with ISO 19011 guidance
- Plan, manage and conduct asset management system certification audits against ISO 55001 requirements in line with ISO 19011 guidance and the requirements of ISO 17021
- Use gap assessment methods and maturity assessment models.
This interactive course uses accelerated learning methods, including participative activities that draw on the experience and knowledge of the participants in a natural and interesting way.
It involves interactive presentations and practical team activities that allow participants to update their existing auditor knowledge and skills by addressing all the requirements of ISO 55001 in the context of audit.
The trainer will introduce 25 case study examples based on actual assessment experience. Participants can discuss how they would interpret these in an actual audit situation, with expert guidance from our experienced certification auditor.
Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual which includes helpful documentation of the course content and useful templates for audit documents.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who complete the course and satisfy assessment criteria.
This course is available as a public course. South East England June 2017. Click here for Public Courses.
Find out more
Get more information and prices for this course quoting reference IAC3-ISO55001 using the from below.
Or just Contact Us
We provide this course in your premises or in public courses. Click here for Public Courses
Find locations and dates to suit you: Public course calendar