Asset Management ISO 55001 Internal Auditor Conversion Training Course
Duration Two days
This course is intended for participants who have prior competence in internal audit of other management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001.
Note: we also provide a Lead Auditor conversion course. To see that one, please refer to course reference IAC3-ISO55001.
This training course will allow participants to update their knowledge and skills, providing competence to carry out internal audits of asset management systems against ISO 55001 audit criteria.
Who should attend this course
- Auditors who have responsibility for evaluating and reporting on compliance with ISO 55001 and the requirements of the organisation.
- Managers who have been assigned responsibility for ensuring the effectiveness and compliance of the management system..
- Management consultants who wish to qualify themselves to carry out internal audits against ISO 55001.
Participants will update their skills and knowledge to be able to plan and undertake asset management system audits against ISO 55001 requirements and the requirements of the organization.
Organisations will develop competent people who can perform internal audits against ISO 55001, contribute to risk management and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to understand:
- The concepts and principles of asset management
- The scope, purposes and structure of the ISO 55000 series of standards for Asset Management Systems
- The requirements of ISO 55001:2014
- The similarities and differences between ISO 55001:2014 and other management system standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 and PAS 55:2008
- How to evaluate alignment of the asset management system elements with the organization’s key issues and objectives
- Needs and expectations of stakeholders and how these are addressed
- How to evaluate good industry practice for risk-based asset management planning and for implementation of optimized plans over asset life cycles
- How asset management methods are used to improve the performance of assets and the asset management system
- How asset management can be integrated with a business management system to align with other management system standards and regulatory requirements
- The principles of asset management auditing, good audit practice guidance of ISO 19011
- How to use existing audit skills and knowledge to be able to plan, prepare, carry out and report on asset management audit
- Effective approaches for gathering asset management audit evidence and evaluating compliance with ISO 55001 and the requirements of the organisation.
This interactive course uses accelerated learning methods, including participative activities that draw on the experience and knowledge of the participants in a natural and interesting way.
It involves interactive presentations and practical team activities that allow participants to update their knowledge and skills by addressing the requirements of ISO 55001 in the context of audit.
Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual which includes helpful documentation of the course content and useful templates for internal audit documents.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who complete the course and satisfy assessment criteria.
Find out more
Get more information and prices for this course quoting reference IAC2-ISO55001 using the form below.
Or just Contact Us
We provide this course in your premises or in public courses. Click here for Public Courses
Find locations and dates to suit you: Public course calendar