Lead Auditor Training Course
Asset Management ISO 55001:2014
Duration five days
This asset management lead auditor course is intended for participants who need to develop the capability to manage and perform audits in their organization, in suppliers and contractors, or as a third-party auditor against ISO 55001 audit criteria.
Participants will gain the competency as asset management lead auditors to establish and implement effective audit programmes, manage a team of auditors and conduct audits by applying audit principles, procedures and techniques in line with the international standard ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for auditing management systems.
You could also consider: We also provide a three-day Asset Management Auditor Conversion training course for participants who have previously completed a lead auditor course for other management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 or PAS 55-1. For details of that course, please refer to course reference IAC3.
Who should attend this course
- Managers who have responsibility for co-ordinating audit programmes and audit resources
- Asset management lead auditors who have responsibility for leading audit teams, evaluating and reporting on compliance with ISO 55001 and the requirements of the organisation
- Managers who have been assigned responsibility for ensuring the effectiveness and compliance of the management system
- Procurement managers, project and programme managers, risk managers and others with responsibility for ensuring the compliance and performance of outsourced activities
- Management consultants and third party auditors who wish to be qualified to carry out audits, gap assessments and maturity assessments against ISO 55001.
- Be able to demonstrate competence as an asset management lead auditor
- Acquire the necessary expertise to develop audit programmes, deploying audit resource to achieve optimum value
- Update their skills and knowledge to be able to plan, manage and conduct internal and supplier audits against ISO 55001 requirements in line with ISO 19011 guidance
- Gain the competence to plan, manage and conduct asset management system certification audits against ISO 55001 requirements in line with ISO 19011 guidance and the requirements of ISO 17021-5
- Gain knowledge and skills that are required to achieve mastery level competence in asset management auditing – delivering highly effective audit processes and techniques, managing audit programmes, and leading audit teams.
- Develop highly competent people who can establish and deliver audit programmes, deploying audit resource to achieve optimum value
- Ensure that their auditors can perform effective internal audits and external supplier audits against ISO 55001
- Be confident that their audit programme will contribute to the enterprise risk and audit management framework and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts and principles of asset management
- Explain the scope, purposes and applicability of the ISO 55000 series of standards for Asset Management Systems
- Explain the structure for ISO management systems standards under Annex SL, and the opportunities for integration between ISO 55001 and other standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001
- Explain the requirements of ISO 55001:2014
- Evaluate alignment of the asset management system elements with the organization’s key issues and objectives
- Evaluate how the needs and expectations of stakeholders are identified and addressed
- Evaluate processes for risk-based asset management planning and for implementation of optimized plans over asset life cycles
- Evaluate the use of asset management methods to improve the performance of assets and the asset management system
- Develop audit programmes and manage audit resources
- Plan, manage and conduct internal and supplier audits against ISO 55001 requirements in line with ISO 19011 guidance
- Plan, manage and conduct asset management system certification audits against ISO 55001 requirements in line with ISO 19011 guidance and the requirements of ISO 17021
- Use gap assessment methods and maturity assessment models.
Click here to see the course content
This interactive course uses accelerated learning methods, including participative activities that draw on the experience and knowledge of the participants in a natural and interesting way.
It involves interactive presentations and practical team activities that allow participants to acquire the required competencies by addressing all the requirements of ISO 55001 in the context of audit.
Each participant will receive a comprehensive course manual which includes helpful documentation of the course content and useful templates for audit documents.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who complete the course and satisfy assessment criteria including continuous assessment and a certification exam. Participants who complete the course but do not satisfy assessment criteria will receive a certificate of attendance.
What to do next
Get more information and prices for this course, or to book your place – Fill in the form below, quoting reference LAC-ISO55001.
Or you can just Contact Us
We provide this course in your premises or in public courses. Click here for Public Courses
Find locations and dates to suit you: Public course calendar
Click here to see the course content